2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® vs 2017 Audi A8 quattro
When it comes to choosing the right luxury Sedan, you want to be sure you are investing in the model that best suits you and your lifestyle. Although there are plenty of exceptional options, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® and Audi A8 quattro remain two of the most sought-after cars in the segment.
Drivers who are unsure which model is right for them can utilize the information below to learn about key differences and similarities between the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® and 2017 Audi A8 before getting behind the wheel and making a final buying decision.
2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC®
2017 Audi A8 quattro
3.0 liter V-6
449 @ 5,250 rpm
516 ft-lbs @ 1800 rpm
|Horsepower & Torque||
333 @ 5,500 rpm
325 ft-lbs @2900
|9-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual||Transmission||8-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual|
2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class White Plains NY
Although the 2017 Audi A8 has plenty of positive qualities, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class sets itself apart in multiple ways. In addition to the elements mentioned above, the 2017 S-Class also offers several key features, such as:
- 4MATIC® all-wheel drive (Standard)
- In any season, on any road, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive adds to your confidence and control. 4MATIC® integrates with ESP®, our standard Electronic Stability Program, for maximum effectiveness in corners and slippery conditions.
- 4.7L V8 biturbo engine (Standard)
- 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles (Standard)
- AIRMATIC® suspension (Standard)
- For a balanced, comfortable ride, the AIRMATIC® semi-active suspension employs electronically controlled air springs that adjust to changing driving conditions. Reengineered components offer quicker response with lighter system weight. AIRMATIC's automatic 4-wheel level control helps compensate for additional cargo or passengers. It also lowers the ride height at higher speeds for improved aerodynamics, stability and efficiency.
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS (Standard)
- Radar-based technology alerts you if you're approaching a vehicle ahead, or even some stationary objects, at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely. As soon as the driver starts to brake, its Adaptive Brake Assist automatically provides the ideal level of braking, to help prevent a collision or reduce its severity. The system can also provide autonomous braking from speeds up to 65 mph, and can activate the features of PRE-SAFE®.
- ATTENTION ASSIST (Standard)
- ATTENTION ASSIST® continuously monitors up to 70 parameters of driving behavior, and can automatically alert the driver with both visual and audible warnings if it detects signs of drowsiness on long trips.
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist (Standard)
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist uses continuous input from a camera to automatically vary the range of your headlamps, based on the distance to oncoming vehicles and to those ahead of you. It's engineered to maximize road illumination without creating glare for other drivers.
- Crosswind Assist (Standard)
- Interpreting information that is continually supplied by the car's Electronic Stability Program (ESP®), electric power steering and suspension sensors, Crosswind Assist help detect the effects of strong side winds on the vehicle's handling stability at highway speeds. Whether caused by lateral gusts or even a passing truck, the system helps keep the car on course via strategic braking of the wheels on one side of the vehicle.
- PRESAFE (Standard)
- PRESAFE® can detect instability during certain vehicle maneuvers that suggest a collision or rollover is imminent. It can then tighten the front seat belts, adjust the front passenger seat, and close the windows and sunroof, all in an effort to better prepare the occupants and restraints in the moments before a collision.
- MAGIC VISION CONTROL (Standard)
- MAGIC VISION CONTROL® features wiper blades with laser-cut holes that emit a highly precise spray of washer fluid directly in front of the moving wipers. The system eliminates the brief, vision-obscuring spray across the full windshield, and minimizes overspray and runoff. And since the washer fluid reservoir, lines and even the wiper blades are heated, it's also extremely effective in cold weather.
Comfort & Luxury:
- Heated 16-way power front seats with memory (Standard)
- Handcrafted cabin (Standard)
- While the palatial S-Class cabin is overflowing with advanced technology, timeless and thoughtful attention to detail ensures that it's never overwhelming. Extensive hand-tailoring of the leather, with an abundance of precisely topstitched upholstery on virtually every surface, teams with a tantalizing array of exotic, handcrafted wood trim options and aluminum accents. The net effect envelops the occupants in a sense of time well spent, both in its craftsmanship and your enjoyment of it.
- All-LED exterior lighting (Standard)
- The S-Class is the first car without a single lightbulb since the advent of electric lighting in automobiles. From its headlamps to its distinctive three-tier taillamps, nearly 200 long-lasting and energy-efficient LEDs accomplish every exterior lighting function with distinctive style. LEDs also offer quicker illumination, offering other drivers more time to react to your brake lamps and other signals.
- All-LED interior lighting (Standard)
- Approximately 300 LEDs bring extraordinary lighting effectiveness and a unique sense of environment to the cabin, again without employing a single conventional lightbulb. From the elaborate ambient lighting system, offering seven color options and multiple zones, to the subtle yet crisp lighting of the storage areas, footwells and even the instrument displays, the lighting concept of the S-Class promotes safer, less stressful driving and a sense of well-being for all aboard.
- Panorama roof (Standard)
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace Connect Package (Standard)
- Five years of mbrace Connect gives you remote access to your car from your smartphone. The Mercedes Me Mobile App puts Remote Start and numerous other conveniences on your phone. Your car can even reach out, with remote diagnostics and a direct connection to Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance.
- 5 years of SiriusXM Traffic and Weather service (Standard)
- Included with the COMAND® navigation system, SiriusXM Traffic keeps you up to date on accidents, traffic, construction and road closures, and even helps your vehicle's navigation system find the fastest route based on real-time traffic. SiriusXM Weather delivers detailed, graphical weather reports and forecasts, and you can even display the weather conditions on COMAND's split screen. Five years of service are included.
- Dual 12.3-inch high-resolution screens (Standard)
When you are ready to experience the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class in White Plains, NY, you can schedule a test drive with our team at Mercedes-Benz of White Plains.
*PRESAFE® closes the side windows when the system's sensors detect side movements that suggest a possible rollover. A small gap is left near the fully closed position. Seat and head restraints adjust only when equipped with memory system.