2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® vs 2017 Audi A8 quattro
If you're in the market for a vehicle that really embodies luxury and power, we would like to introduce you to the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The iconic sedan features levels of refinement and luxury that are hard to find on other vehicles in its class, and with a wide variety of trim levels available, car shoppers are able to choose the features and specifications that matter most to them.
But how does the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class compare to quality competitors like the 2017 Audi A8? We're digging deep to find out, putting the 2017 S-Class head to head against the Audi A8 in a detailed comparison. Read on to learn more about the features and specifications offered by both!
|2017 Mercedes-Benz S 550 4MATIC®||VS||2017 Audi A8 quattro|
|4.7-liter biturbo V8||Engine||3.0-liter V6|
|449 hp; 516 lb.-ft.||Horsepower & Torque||333 hp; 325 lb.-ft.|
|9-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual||Transmission||8-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual|
2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class White Plains NY
Although the 2017 Audi A8 quattro is a worthy opponent of the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class, the S-Class sets itself apart from the A8, and the rest of its competitive class, in a variety of ways. Not only does the S-Class offer more head room, leg room, and shoulder room than the 2017 A8, it also comes standard with a variety of key features including:
- 4MATIC® all-wheel drive**
- AIRMATIC® suspension
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- Advanced safety feature that uses radar-based technology to monitor surrounding vehicles. If the system determines there is a threat of a collision, the driver will be warned with visual and audio cues. When the driver begins braking, the system will automatically apply the ideal level of brakes to avoid the collision or mitigate the effects of the accident if the collision is unavoidable.
- ATTENTION ASSIST®
- Advanced safety feature that monitors driver habits and will alert the driver if it detects signs of drowsiness.
- Adaptive High Beam Assist
- Advanced safety feature that automatically turns high beams on and off by utilizing a front grille-mounted camera to detect oncoming vehicles.
- Crosswind Assist
- Advanced safety feature that uses information from the car's Electronic Stability Control system to detect strong winds. The system uses the information to apply braking to one side of the vehicle, making sure the vehicle stays in its lane.
- Advanced safety feature designed to keep the driver and passengers safe if the system detects a collision is imminent. The system will automatically tighten seatbelts, close windows and the sunroof, and adjust the front passenger seat to prepare for a collision.
- MAGIC VISION CONTROL
- Uses wiper blades with laser-cut holes to spray a precise amount of washer fluid to moving wipers, eliminating vision-obscuring spray
Comfort & Luxury:
- Heated 16-way power front seats with memory
- Hand-tailored leather interior
- Handcrafted wood trim options and aluminum accents
- LED exterior lighting
- LED interior lighting
- Panorama roof
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace Connect Package
- 5 years of SiriusXM Traffic and Weather service
- Dual 12.3-inch high-resolution screens
Car shoppers looking for more information about the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class are encouraged to contact a member of our team here at Mercedes-Benz of White Plains. Drivers ready to experience all that the 2017 S-Class has to offer in person are invited to schedule an obligation-free test drive online today!
*MSRP does not include transportation charge. Excludes options, taxes, title, registration, [and dealer prep]. Options, model availability, and price may vary. [See dealer for details.]
**Best performance on snow and ice obtained with winter tires. Please always drive carefully, consistent with road conditions.
***PRESAFE® closes the side windows when the system's sensors detect side movements that suggest a possible rollover. A small gap is left near the fully closed position. Seat and head restraints adjust only when equipped with memory system.