2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV 4MATIC® vs 2017 BMW X6
When it comes to choosing the right luxury SUV, you want to be sure you are investing in the model that best suits you and your lifestyle. Although there are plenty of exceptional options, the Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV 4MATIC® and BMW X6 remain two of the most sought-after cars in the segment.
Drivers who are unsure which model is right for them can utilize the information below to learn about key differences and similarities between the 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV 4MATIC® and 2017 BMW X6 before getting behind the wheel and making a final buying decision.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE 43 AMG® and BMW X6 are vehicles similar in design and capability. They both exhibit coupe-like design with a long, sloping roofline but with higher ride heights and more available storage than typical coupes. With these cars, you can experience the everyday utility of an SUV with the added style of a coupe. Where these cars differ are in power, performance, and comfort. The AMG®-Enhanced twin-turbo V6 in the GLE 43 AMG® produces 362 horsepower and 384 lb.-ft., 62 horsepower and 84 lb.-ft. more than the BMW X6. That power also goes further considering the GLE 43 AMG® weighs less than the X6. The GLE 43 AMG® is also an extremely practical vehicle, with a maximum capacity of 60.7 cubic feet of maximum storage space, compared to the BMW X6’s 59.7. The most convincing advantages the GLE 43 AMG have over the BMW X6 are the standard features. Firstly, the GLE 43 AMG® comes equipped standard with fully independent and electronically adjustable AIRMATIC® suspension, which increases ride quality and improves cornering and handling capability. Additionally, the GLE 43 AMG®’s 4-wheel Electronic Traction System (4-ETS) is a standard feature, which actively delegates torque to each wheel individually to maximize grip. Equipping comparable features to a BMW X6M costs upwards of $4500.
2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG® GLE 43 SUV 4MATIC®
2017 BMW X6
|3.0 L biturbo||Base Engine||3.0 L twin-scroll turbo|
|All Wheel Drive w/ 4-wheel electonic traction system||Drive Type||All Wheel Drive|
362 HP @ 5500-6000 rpm
384 lb.-ft @ 2000-4200 rpm
|Power & Torque||
300 hp @ 5800-6400 rpm
300 lb.-ft @1200-5000 rpm
|60.7 cu.ft.||Cargo Capacity, all seats in place||59.7 cu.ft.|
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV 4MATIC® White Plains NY
Although the 2017 BMW X6 has plenty of positive qualities, the Mercedes-Benz GLE sets itself apart in multiple ways. In addition to the elements mentioned above, the 2017 GLE also offers several key features, such as:
- 4MATIC® all-wheel drive (Standard)
- In any season, on any road, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive adds to your confidence and control. 4MATIC® integrates with ESP®, our standard Electronic Stability Program, for maximum effectiveness in corners and slippery conditions.
- Active Brake Assist (Standard)
- Radar-based technology can alert you if you're approaching a vehicle ahead, or even some stationary objects, at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely. As soon as the driver starts to brake, Active Brake Assist can automatically provide an appropriate level of braking to help prevent a collision or reduce its severity. If you fail to respond, the system can also initiate braking automatically at many driving speeds.
- ATTENTION ASSIST (Standard)
- ATTENTION ASSIST® continuously monitors up to 70 parameters of driving behavior, and can automatically alert the driver with both visual and audible warnings if it detects signs of drowsiness on long trips.
- Trailer Stability Assist (Standard)
- A trailer in tow can adversely affect the driving dynamics of a vehicle. The sensors for the Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) monitor for trailer sway, or oscillations, caused by the trailer's movement. The system then intervenes by using the front brakes of your Mercedes to help stabilize the vehicle and trailer.
- PRESAFE (Standard)
- PRESAFE® can detect instability during certain vehicle maneuvers that suggest a collision or rollover is imminent. It can then tighten the front seat belts, adjust the front passenger seat, and close the windows and sunroof, all in an effort to better prepare the occupants and restraints in the moments before a collision.
- 9 air bags (Standard)
- An advanced system of 9 air bags offers 11-way occupant protection. Dual two-stage front air bags, front side-impact air bags, front pelvic air bags, a driver's knee air bag, and side curtain air bags for both seating rows are standard.
- Brake Assist (BAS®) (Standard)
- Brake Assist senses emergency braking via the speed at which the driver presses the brake pedal and immediately applies maximum available power boost. Brake Assist can potentially reduce the overall stopping distance by eliminating the delay caused by a common human tendency not to brake hard enough, soon enough. Letting up on the brake pedal releases Brake Assist.
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace Connect Package (Standard)
- Five years of mbrace Connect gives you remote access to your car from your smartphone. The Mercedes Me Mobile App puts Remote Start and numerous other conveniences on your phone. Your car can even reach out, with remote diagnostics and a direct connection to Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance.
- Power tilt/sliding sunroof (Standard)
- At the touch of a button, the tinted glass sunroof tilts up at the rear for ventilation, or slides open for a breezy view of the sky. An express feature fully opens or closes the roof with a single touch, and a manual sliding sunshade helps block out unwanted sunlight.
- Versatile cargo space and 60/40 split rear seats (Standard)
- The GLE accommodates up to 80.3 cu ft of cargo with the 60/40-split rear seats folded. Flip-forward seat cushions assure a truly flat, fully carpeted cargo floor. Floor-mounted tie-downs, a side parcel net, and a 12-volt power outlet add to its convenience.
- Brake HOLD feature (Standard)
- Whether you're stuck in traffic or stopped on a hill, the HOLD feature lets you keep the brakes applied without your foot on the brake pedal. The brake lamps stay illuminated while the car remains braked. When you're ready to move, just press the accelerator to release the feature and go.
When you are ready to experience the 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE in White Plains, NY, you can schedule a test drive with our team at Mercedes-Benz of White Plains.
*PRESAFE® closes the side windows when the system's sensors detect side movements that suggest a possible rollover. A small gap is left near the fully closed position. Sea and head restraints adjust only when equipped with memory system.