2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC 4MATIC® vs 2018 BMW X3
When it comes to choosing the right luxury SUV, you want to be sure you are investing in the model that best suits you and your lifestyle. Although there are plenty of exceptional options, the Mercedes-Benz GLC 4MATIC® and BMW X3 remain two of the most sought-after cars in the segment.
Drivers who are unsure which model is right for them can utilize the information below to learn about key differences and similarities between the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC 4MATIC® and 2018 BMW X3 before getting behind the wheel and making a final buying decision.
|2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC 4MATIC®||VS||2018 BMW X3|
|2.0 L||Base Engine||2.0 L|
|All Wheel Drive||Drive Type||All Wheel Drive|
9 speed shiftable automatic
|Transmission||8 speed shiftable automatic|
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC 4MATIC® White Plains NY
Although the 2018 BMW X3 has plenty of positive qualities, the Mercedes-Benz GLC sets itself apart in multiple ways. In addition to the elements mentioned above, the 2018 GLC also offers several key features, such as:
- 4MATIC® all-wheel drive (Standard)
- In any season, on any road, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive adds to your confidence and control. 4MATIC® integrates with ESP®, our standard Electronic Stability Program, for maximum effectiveness in corners and slippery conditions.
- ECO Start/Stop system (Standard)
- An ECO Start/Stop system automatically shuts off the engine at stoplights and other idle situations, to save fuel and reduce emissions. As soon as the driver lifts off the brake, the engine instantly restarts, for immediate acceleration response. The ECO Start/Stop system can also be shut off by the driver at any time.
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS (Standard)
- Radar-based technology alerts you if you're approaching a vehicle ahead, or even some stationary objects, at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely. As soon as the driver starts to brake, the system can automatically provide an appropriate level of braking to help prevent a collision or reduce its severity. If you fail to respond, the system can also initiate braking automatically from speeds up to 65 mph, and can activate the features of PRESAFE®.
- ATTENTION ASSIST® (Standard)
- ATTENTION ASSIST® continuously monitors up to 70 parameters of driving behavior, and can automatically alert the driver with both visual and audible warnings if it detects signs of drowsiness on long trips.
- Rearview camera (Standard)
- Shift into Reverse, and a rear-mounted camera displays a live 180-degree view of what's behind the vehicle on the screen atop the dashboard. Active on-screen guidelines indicate the car's projected path as you turn the steering wheel.
- PRESAFE® (Standard)
- PRESAFE® can detect instability during certain vehicle maneuvers that suggest a collision or rollover is imminent. It can then tighten the front seat belts, adjust the front passenger seat, and close the windows and sunroof, all in an effort to better prepare the occupants and restraints in the moments before a collision.
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace Connect Package (Standard)
- Five years of mbrace Connect gives you remote access to your car from your smartphone. The Mercedes Me Mobile App puts Remote Start and numerous other conveniences on your phone. Your car can even reach out, with remote diagnostics and a direct connection to Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance.
When you are ready to experience the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC in White Plains, NY, you can schedule a test drive with our team at Mercedes-Benz of White Plains.
*PRESAFE® closes the side windows when the system's sensors detect side movements that suggest a possible rollover. A small gap is left near the fully closed position. Seat and head restraints adjust only when equipped with memory system.