2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 4MATIC® vs 2017 Audi A6
Although there are several exceptional luxury sedans to choose from, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and Audi A6 remain at the top of the list. Both offer the ideal blend of power and efficiency while also providing upscale comfort and high-tech convenience on the inside. If you are interested in learning more about key differences and similarities between the 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 4MATIC® and 2017 Audi A6, you are in the right place.
Both models come standard with 2.0-liter I-4 engines and comfortable seating for five passengers. Although the two vehicles are equipped with 8-way power front seats and dual-zone automatic climate control, only the E 300 4MATIC® has standard navigation. Which luxury model is best for you?
|2017 Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC®||VS||2017 Audi A6 Quattro|
|9-speed automatic w/OD and auto-manual||Transmission||8-speed automatic w/OD and auto-manual|
|41.4 in.||Front Head Room||37.2 in.|
|38.2 in.||Rear Head Room||37.8 in.|
2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in White Plains NY
Although the Audi A6 is a stand-out vehicle, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class sets itself apart in multiple ways. In addition to the elements mentioned above, the E-Class Sedan also offers the following as either standard or optional equipment:
- Car-to-X Communication (Standard)
- With its industry-leading Car-to-X Communication, every new E-Class can automatically alert a central notification system of certain dangers, from detected wheelspin to the use of hazard flashers or even windshield wipers. The system can then alert another E-Class driver via the in-dash displays or announcements, allowing precautions to be taken before reaching the hazard.
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine (Standard)
- ECO Start/Stop system (Standard)
- An ECO Start/Stop system automatically shuts off the engine at stoplights and other idle situations, to save fuel and reduce emissions. As soon as the driver lifts off the brake, the engine instantly restarts, for immediate acceleration response. The ECO Start/Stop system can also be shut off by the driver at any time.
- 4MATIC all-wheel drive (Standard)
- In any season, on any road, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive adds to your confidence and control. 4MATIC® integrates with ESP®, our standard Electronic Stability Program, for maximum effectiveness in corners and slippery conditions.
- Active Brake Assist (Standard)
- Radar-based collision-avoidance technology alerts you if you're approaching a slower or stopped vehicle ahead at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely. As soon as you start to brake, Active Brake Assist automatically optimizes the braking force to help prevent a collision or reduce its severity. The system can also initiate braking from many speeds if the driver fails to react to the warnings, and can detect and react to crossing pedestrians at typical city speeds.
- PRESAFE (Standard)
- PRESAFE® can detect instability during certain vehicle maneuvers that suggest a collision or rollover is imminent. It can then tighten the front seat belts, adjust the front passenger seat, and close the windows and sunroof, all in an effort to better prepare the occupants and restraints in the moments before a collision.
- PRESAFE Sound (Standard)
- An important enhancement to the industry-first PRESAFE® system helps reduce the effects of a collision on occupants' hearing. When the sensors of PRESAFE detect an impending impact, a special "pink noise" tone is emitted via the audio system just before the collision. The tone's frequency is tuned to induce a natural reflex within the human ear canal that helps shut out loud noises in advance of the actual impact.
Design & Convenience:
- "Sensual purity" of design (Standard)
- The 10th generation E-Class takes on a new shape that's roomier inside, sleeker outside and stronger all over. With 2.6 inches more wheelbase and classic proportions, the new E delivers sculpted elegance with a sporty stance. A choice of grille designs is flanked by expressive LED headlamps that flow seamlessly into the side profile. It all culminates in muscular rear shoulders and glistening LED taillamps.
- Sensual, sculptural cabin design (Standard)
- The three-dimensional flow of the E-Class cockpit is more than a visual achievement. Every aspect of the cabin experience is equally fluid, from the natural feel of the controls to the clarity with which information and entertainment reach the driver and passengers. A single floating panel houses the instruments and COMAND® widescreen, while aluminum-ringed air vents and control elements punctuate the wave-formed dash trim. It's a haven of luxury and fine craftsmanship.
- Natural Grain Brown Ash wood trim (Standard)
- Warm yet modern Brown Ash wood envelops the dash and into the doors. Its handcrafted low-sheen finish lets its natural grain please your eye and your touch equally.
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace Connect Package (Standard)
- Five years of mbrace Connect gives you remote access to your car from your smartphone or computer. The Mercedes me app puts Remote Start and numerous other conveniences on your phone. You can access Yelp, local search and more with an ever-growing variety of in-vehicle apps. You can send destinations to your COMAND® navigation system from your phone. Even your car can reach out, with remote diagnostics and a direct connection to Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance.
If you are interested in getting behind the wheel of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class in White Plains, NY, you can schedule a test drive with our team at Mercedes-Benz of White Plains.
*PRESAFE® closes the side windows when the system's sensors detect side movements that suggest a possible rollover. A small gap is left near the fully closed position. Seat and head restraints adjust only when equipped with memory system.
*MSRP does not include transportation charge. Excludes options, taxes, title, registration, [and dealer prep]. Options, model availability, and price may vary. [See dealer for details.]