2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® vs 2017 Lexus RX 350 AWD
The small luxury sedan class features a great selection of vehicles, each of which offers a stylish exterior design and a comfortable, high-class interior complete with the latest technology equipment. As two of the most popular models in the segment, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Audi A4 stand out from the crowd.
Here, luxury car shoppers can get learn about notable differences and similarities between the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® and 2017 Audi A4 quattro to help determine which one is right for them. Then, they can get behind the wheel and make a well-informed buying decision.
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC®
2017 Lexus RX 350 AWD
302 HP @ 6500 RPM
273 ft-lbs @3500 RPM
|Power & Torque||
295 HP @ 6300 RPM
268 ft-lbs. @4700 RPM
|80.3 cu.ft.||Maximum Cargo Capacity||56.3 cu.ft|
|7200 lbs||Maximum Towing Capacity||3500 lbs.|
|38.2 cu.ft.||Cargo capacity, all seats in place||18.4 cu.ft.|
If you're looking for a SUV to tow, stow and go look no further than the Mercedes-Benz GLE. The Mercedes-Benz GLE has double the towing capacity as the Lexus RX 350 and more than double cargo capacity with all seats in place. This means getting the kids to practice or taking a long road trip the Mercedes-Benz has you covered. The Lexus RX beats out the Mercedes-Benz GLE by fractions of an inch in front head room, rear head room and rear leg room but lacks cargo space. The Mercedes-Benz GLE has all the luxurious features while still remaining a true sport utility vehicle. 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE
Although the 2017 Lexus RX has plenty of positive qualities, the Mercedes-Benz GLE sets itself apart in multiple ways. In addition to the elements mentioned above, the 2017 GLE also offers several key features, such as:
- 4MATIC® all-wheel drive (Standard)
- In any season, on any road, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive adds to your confidence and control. 4MATIC® integrates with ESP®, our standard Electronic Stability Program, for maximum effectiveness in corners and slippery conditions.
- Active Brake Assist (Standard)
- Radar-based technology can alert you if you're approaching a vehicle ahead, or even some stationary objects, at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely. As soon as the driver starts to brake, Active Brake Assist can automatically provide an appropriate level of braking to help prevent a collision or reduce its severity. If you fail to respond, the system can also initiate braking automatically at many driving speeds.
- ATTENTION ASSIST® (Standard)
- ATTENTION ASSIST® continuously monitors up to 70 parameters of driving behavior, and can automatically alert the driver with both visual and audible warnings if it detects signs of drowsiness on long trips.
- Trailer Stability Assist (Standard)
- A trailer in tow can adversely affect the driving dynamics of a vehicle. The sensors for the Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) monitor for trailer sway, or oscillations, caused by the trailer's movement. The system then intervenes by using the front brakes of your Mercedes to help stabilize the vehicle and trailer.
- PRESAFE® (Standard)
- PRESAFE® can detect instability during certain vehicle maneuvers that suggest a collision or rollover is imminent. It can then tighten the front seat belts, adjust the front passenger seat, and close the windows and sunroof, all in an effort to better prepare the occupants and restraints in the moments before a collision.
- 9 air bags (Standard)
- An advanced system of 9 air bags offers 11-way occupant protection. Dual two-stage front air bags, front side-impact air bags, front pelvic air bags, a driver's knee air bag, and side curtain air bags for both seating rows are standard.
- Brake Assist (BAS®) (Standard)
- Brake Assist senses emergency braking via the speed at which the driver presses the brake pedal and immediately applies maximum available power boost. Brake Assist can potentially reduce the overall stopping distance by eliminating the delay caused by a common human tendency not to brake hard enough, soon enough. Letting up on the brake pedal releases Brake Assist.
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace Connect Package (Standard)
- Five years of mbrace Connect gives you remote access to your car from your smartphone. The Mercedes Me Mobile App puts Remote Start and numerous other conveniences on your phone. Your car can even reach out, with remote diagnostics and a direct connection to Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance.
- Power tilt/sliding sunroof (Standard)
- At the touch of a button, the tinted glass sunroof tilts up at the rear for ventilation, or slides open for a breezy view of the sky. An express feature fully opens or closes the roof with a single touch, and a manual sliding sunshade helps block out unwanted sunlight.
- Versatile cargo space and 60/40 split rear seats (Standard)
- The GLE accommodates up to 80.3 cu ft of cargo with the 60/40-split rear seats folded. Flip-forward seat cushions assure a truly flat, fully carpeted cargo floor. Floor-mounted tie-downs, a side parcel net, and a 12-volt power outlet add to its convenience.
- Brake HOLD feature (Standard)
- Whether you're stuck in traffic or stopped on a hill, the HOLD feature lets you keep the brakes applied without your foot on the brake pedal. The brake lamps stay illuminated while the car remains braked. When you're ready to move, just press the accelerator to release the feature and go.
Drivers who would like to experience the 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE in White Plains, NY can schedule a test drive with our team at Mercedes-Benz of White Plains.